How do I apply?
You can apply via an application form on our Website.
There are four different options:
- Individual Delegate – if you’re planning on participating in our conference on your own you should apply using the individual delegate form .
- Delegation – if you’re planning on participating in our conference as a delegation you should apply via the delegation form.
- Press Team Member – if you would like to join our press team you should apply via the press team form.
- Observer – if you don’t feel confident about participating as a delegate and would rather like to watch the whole event from a distance you should apply using the observer form
Can I apply if I’m under 18?
Unfortunately, we do not accept applicants under the age of 18.
Can I apply when I’m not a student?
You have to be enrolled at a university if you would like to take part in the conference as a delegate. While observers are not obliged to be enrolled at a university, they are still supposed to elaborate on their current occupation.
How much is the fee?
- Regular fee for delegates | 70 €
- Early bird fee from 15.05 – 14.07. | 60 €
- Delegates from Cologne | 55 €
- Delegations with more than 7 delegates | 5 € discount
- Faculty Advisors – same conditions as for delegates
- Observers – same conditions as for delegates
- Press Team Members | 40 €
Do I get a refund if I’m already registered but cannot participate in the conference?
Once you’ve paid the fee and been allocated to a committee there is no possibility of a refund. For more information, please see our Terms and Conditions.
What payment options do I have?
You can either pay by bank transfer or paypal .
After your application has been accepted you will receive a request for payment which will contain all the necessary information.
How do I get the assignment?
If you have successfully paid the fee you will be assigned to a committee and country by our applications team.
The applications team will do its best to consider your preferences during the allocation.
How do I receive a visa letter?
Invitation letters will only be provided to prospective delegates who have completed their registration process and paid their fees in full . It is your own responsibility to apply for a visa sufficiently early. Once you have received your confirmation of payment please email our Secretary-General. Please keep in mind that a reimbursement is not possible if you fail to obtain a visa.
For more detailed information, please see our visa policy.
Does CologneMUN provide an accommodation?
Unfortunately, we don’t provide accommodation for our delegates. However, we’re happy to recommend some nice and eco-friendly hostels or hotels to you.
Is there a dress code?
The dress code is western business attire.
For more information on how to dress and what to pack please visit this page .
Does the conference count as a “Schlüsselqualifikation” for law students?
Law students, studying at the University of Cologne, can obtain a “Schlüsselqaulifikation” if they’ve successfully participated in the CologneMUN 2019. You have successfully participated in our conference if you were present during all committee sessions. If you would like us to issue a “Schlüsselqualifikation”, please make sure to fill in the according box in your application. Our team will then establish contact with you for further information.
Can I get a reference for participating in the conference?
If you’ve successfully participated in the CologneMUN 2019 you will receive a Certification of Participation. You have successfully participated in our conference if you were present during all committee sessions.